Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AoWolf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 17, 2003
Daytona Beach
I recently got a 160gb lacie Porsche drive. It has not been working well at all. 60% of the time I unplug it or turn it off, then try to plug it back in or power it up I get a this volume cannot be read my Mac OS X message. It will not mount but will be seen by my computer. If I try to initialize it, I get an error type 20. Once or twice it has completely died and won't even give me the can't be read message. There is no mac OS X support software that came with it. The light on it is always orange when it is acting up and no combination of unplugging restarting and re-plugging it has yet to do any good. It seems to work with only one computer at a time as well. For example I will always get the error message with my iBook but if I plug it in to my power mac it may work or visa versa. Any ideas would be great.

SongSeeker

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2004
fimware

If I remember correctly, there were some firmware updates to fix problems like this. Check the Lacie website for more info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.