Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mfaye21

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
Hi,
I will be receiving my iPhone by the end of the month and I am looking for a case. I have a few that I am looking at but I want to see what you guys have to say. Here are my criteria:
1. A case that keeps the clean sleek design of the phone. (i.e The Incase Snap Case Smoke, Speck Candyshell

2. Not too much bulk for the level protection. While the Snap Case might be so skinny that the phone is hardly protected and the Candyshell is just too bulky for me I need something in the middle. I want it too protect enough that it warrants having a case but not a lot of bulk.

3. Quality. Wont chip or peel after some use. I want it to be somewhat durable.

4. Must fit with Bodyguardz/Invisiblesheild

Thank You so much! :apple:

m1ndgam3z

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2010
Why not just an Apple Bumper?

With a skin, you'll see the back and front, and it shows off the phone pretty nicely if you ask me.

I use it with a Zagg front, and a Gelaskins back and it looks great

But if you want a full case, what I'm also using that snaps on the back with a back skin is the iFrogz Luxe Lean or a DefaultCase, both fit pretty nicely.

Stay away from the Case-Mate Barely There, it is thin and snaps on the back, but with a skin, it doesn't fit at all.

enemi

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2010
England
Otterbox Commuter
Protection + Sleek-ish design, not so much bulk compared to the Otterbox Defender / Speck Candyshell.

If you search through the forums, you'll find that most of this type of question gets answered with Otterbox Commuter, because it truly fits the bit.

Hope you find the case that suits you best :D

mfaye21

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
Otterbox Commuter
Protection + Sleek-ish design, not so much bulk compared to the Otterbox Defender / Speck Candyshell.

If you search through the forums, you'll find that most of this type of question gets answered with Otterbox Commuter, because it truly fits the bit.

Looks like a nice case...but honestly I cant stand that there is the circle for the Apple logo on the back. :p But thanks for the help anyway.

EDIT: Actually just saw a review of it. Looks so nice I can push through the Apple logo. I think I will so a combo of this and the snap case.

Last edited:

Zildjian242

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2010
Otterbox Commuter

I dont know why people love the commuter.. Its a Lint magnet with people seem to never talk about

If they changed the silicone to a tpu, it would be the best case.

At the moment, My favorite case is The Switcheasy Capsule rebel.. The look really grew on me and it feels so solid

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
You might also want to check out the Incipio Silicrylic. It has no apple cutout in the back of the case. Worked fine for me, this was one of my favorite hybrid type cases, just not my style of a case. I love the Bumper style cases to show off the iPhone 4's beauty. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.