Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Elixer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
I'm a little rusty at using indesign, I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I would like to fan the text. I have a little mockup to show you what I mean.

Attachments

• fantext.png
    fantext.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 185

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
First, you need to create a path of some sorts, whether it's an ellipse or a free-drawn path. Make sure that it doesn't have a stroke applied. Then use the Type on a Path tool (shift T), select on the path where you want the text to start and enter your copy, tweaking the path to get the angle you need.

In Illustrator, you have more control over how the type sits, how it's angled, flipped and so forth... so it might be a better choice if you've got Illustrator.

Or, if you've only got a few characters, you could skew each character on a straight path by a number of degrees to get the effect you want.

Belly-laughs

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2003
you wish
I ditto Illustrator, grouping the type and applying perspective if needed. Much more control making the end result more precise.

You can skew text boxes in InDesign, but you wont get perspective applied.

Elixer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
Thank you both very much Illustrator worked like a charm. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.