Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TorontoLRT

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 4, 2010
Toronto, Duh!
I made a Macrumors Chrome app! I'm not going to upload it, because I don't own Macrumors and am not a Chrome developer, but I can send the files to anyone who wants it for personal use (along with installation instructions), or to an admin if they want to actually post it on the Chrome store. It works fine as far as I can tell from my personal use, and I think it would be a nice thing to have for a committed Macrumors member.
EDIT: I've been told by an admin I can't give it out, but it may end up modified and used as an official app.

Last edited:

TorontoLRT

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 4, 2010
Toronto, Duh!
Sorry to be slow to respond. Like most Chrome apps, it's just a snippet packaged for the Chrome store that when activated, opens the Macrumors site. It shows up in the main Chrome menu for easy access, instead of in the harder-to-reach bookmarks menu. It's main advantage is in being a better alternative to a Macrumors bookmark for people like me who live in Google's ecosystem and/or use Chrome OS devices.

Sorry to be slow to respond. Like most Chrome apps, it's just a snippet packaged for the Chrome store that when activated, opens the Macrumors site. It shows up in the main Chrome menu for easy access, instead of in the harder-to-reach bookmarks menu. It's main advantage is in being a better alternative to a Macrumors bookmark for people like me who live in Google's ecosystem and/or use Chrome OS devices.

Ya PM me a link for the files or whatever. I'll give it a whirl.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.