Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
I feel your pain.

Hoping they may do this on iPad2 but to be honest it's such a simple and tiny option to add under settings that if they didn't want to do it for the long awaited 4.2 update we waited months for, then I'm not holding out much hope they will give us the choice.

I will still keep my fingers crossed as everyone who uses a different more advanced browser would want this option.

Apparently it's been submitted to Apple as a request quite heavily and also requested by the devs of the alternate browsers.

Fingers Crossed.

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
Jailbreak and search for "browser changer" in Cydia. Works wonderfully, I have iCab as my default browser. :)

lokerd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Beaumont
Jailbreak and search for "browser changer" in Cydia. Works wonderfully, I have iCab as my default browser. :)

This is probably one of the TOP reasons I will NOT upgrade my JBed 3.2 iPad.

That and SB Settings to change the brightness rapidly and turn off wifi, my usb card reader and keyboard that still works, etc., etc.

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
This is probably one of the TOP reasons I will NOT upgrade my JBed 3.2 iPad.

That and SB Settings to change the brightness rapidly and turn off wifi, my usb card reader and keyboard that still works, etc., etc.

FWIW, I upgraded and have jailbroken my iPad with Redsn0w. It's very very stable, you only need to tether if you reboot. After jailbreak you will need to tether boot, then tether boot again for a couple initial important cydia installs... and after that you are good to go.

Browser Changer is one of my biggest things as well, so I feel ya. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.