PDA

View Full Version : My iPod shuffle came with music?

bellis1
Jan 24, 2005, 10:28 AM
I must have missed it somewhere but are the iPod shuffles supposed to come already shuffled (with bad music). I had my 1G and iWork waiting for me at work and when I plugged it in it said that it was connected to another library so I decided just to put in the headphones. This music is not even in english. Definately chinese or southeast asia. Did apple sell me a used iPod shuffle. Damn.

johnbro23
Jan 24, 2005, 10:38 AM
haha, maybe your coworkers are playing a trick on you? Was the box opened before you got to work? :)

bellis1
Jan 24, 2005, 10:54 AM
Nope, I opened the box myself and everything was meticulously packaged as Apple only does. There are only about a half a dozen songs. I'd give you the titles but I think they are all asian type characters so they are messed up on my computer. I tried to find the tags using iEatBrainz but they are not listed. But in one of the songs metadata tage their is a website address: www.haoyy.com. I'm thinking I should get a discount for my used iPod shuffle. What would be great would be if the mp3 were illegally obtained. I find it humorous, I just wish it was music that I liked.

mfacey
Jan 24, 2005, 10:58 AM
I'm thinking I should get a discount for my used iPod mini. .

Not that it matters but is it a shuffle or a mini?

Oh and I would call Apple immediatly, that is assuming you bought it from apple and not a reseller.

moot
Jan 24, 2005, 11:10 AM
Well that website is in Chinese. I'm not an expert but I'm taking a guess that your new iPod shuffle went into quality testing at the factory it was made in. They are made in Taiwan, (I think). Factories often test random units and then repackage them for sale. Somebody probably forgot to erase the testing music. (That's my guess anyway)

I wouldn't worry about it. However, if you are, I bet Apple would take care of it for you.

bellis1
Jan 24, 2005, 11:15 AM
I did ring apple to let them know and they said they had not had any other reports of the same. You are probably right about the testing. Wonder what apple pays for the guy who has to plug in iPod shuffles all day, put on a couple of your favorite songs, enjoys, and then tries to remember to erase them again. I hope I didn't make someone lose their job :)

On a sidenote, what if I want to connect it to more than one library such as my laptop and my work computer? Does iTunes allow a connection to more than one library or does it have to be updated everytime? I'm already having a hard enough time trying to keep my libraries the same between the two computers. Thanks

wrldwzrd89
Jan 24, 2005, 02:57 PM
I did ring apple to let them know and they said they had not had any other reports of the same. You are probably right about the testing. Wonder what apple pays for the guy who has to plug in iPod shuffles all day, put on a couple of your favorite songs, enjoys, and then tries to remember to erase them again. I hope I didn't make someone lose their job :)

On a sidenote, what if I want to connect it to more than one library such as my laptop and my work computer? Does iTunes allow a connection to more than one library or does it have to be updated everytime? I'm already having a hard enough time trying to keep my libraries the same between the two computers. Thanks
iTunes is to iPod like Bluetooth phone is to Bluetooth reciever - the relationship is strictly one-to-one; if you try to change it all you do is break the old one-to-one relationship and establish a new one.

wwooden
Jan 24, 2005, 03:17 PM
iTunes is to iPod like Bluetooth phone is to Bluetooth reciever - the relationship is strictly one-to-one; if you try to change it all you do is break the old one-to-one relationship and establish a new one.

If he sets it to manually update, then he can have it connected to both. He could through any songs on it from either computer, he just couldn't offload the stuff.