Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

igranger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
Web Hosts are getting confusing. I designed a web page. I'm hoping to upload the web page to a web host for publishing online, with a free web host. What free web host is going to go by simply?

JackT06

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2009
Web Hosts are getting confusing. I designed a web page. I'm hoping to upload the web page to a web host for publishing online, with a free web host. What free web host is going to go by simply?

1) Google.
2) There are millions of posts on here allready...
3) Google again..

I use is 000webhost.com

JackT06

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2009
I have used 000webhost.com also, does the trick.

Now i have some more time to reply....

The good thing about 000webhost.com is the fact the servers are 100% UP, i have been with them for a year and a half and not one have i not been able to access my site (not that i can remember).

The customer support is OKAY! Just make sure you post your ticket mon-fri otherwise you get support staff, who are rude and unhelpfull.

Not all the services are working (francsco - can't spell...?).

It can be SLOW, however, it does the trick.

My last point, within the first week if you get LOADS of hits, your site will be taken down for a couple of hours (normally 2-3). However, it never happens again! It's just to check for spamming etc...:)

ardesigns

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2008
x10hosting.com is great. They have CPanel and support PHP, MySQL, etc. no real restrictions except you can't host a proxy. You also have to log into their forums (but don't have to post) once a month, but that's it!

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
http://www.doteasy.com

Always up.
Good support.
Lots of ways to manage your site.
Lots of free tools, including a webpage creator.
No difference in performance (near as I can tell) between paid and unpaid sites (I have both with them).

I've been with them for years, and I can't find any fault with their service. I finally moved my main set of pages to a paid subscription as much out of guilt as anything else.

Caleb531

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2009
I use Zymic, which is free (and ad-free), supports FTP, and gives you plenty of storage and bandwidth.

CANEHDN

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2005
Eagle Mountain, UT
Hosting is so inexpensive now. I would rather pay and get speed, no ads, guaranteed uptime, and good customer support. Most are also month to month so when you're done, just cancel. This way you also get technologies like PHP and MySQL.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.