PDA

View Full Version : Mac mini leads Windows switch - stock is short

MacBytes
Jan 24, 2005, 11:49 AM
Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Mac mini leads Windows switch - stock is short (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20050124124914)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

24C
Jan 24, 2005, 11:57 AM
Read this earlier in the day on their site, quite comical really. Apple announces product, has a launch date and stock in short supply. What is happening there? On a good note, the AppleStoreUK is in a different(better) league than it was last year when Panther launched...the tracking/reporting has been accurate and a damn sight faster than it ever was.

I have an idea about how we, Apple owning hordes, can all help improve Apple marketshare, do NOT buy the Mac mini, do NOT place an order...let your PC owning friends have them first :D

Chip NoVaMac
Jan 24, 2005, 12:27 PM
Yeah, right! It is so damn cute, even us Mac owners want one for the hell of it. :D

Will be interesting to see the stats of new users vs. current Mac owners.

Dont Hurt Me
Jan 24, 2005, 12:40 PM
Its a pretty cool little product that going to give a lot of folks a little desk space and peace of mind on the net along with a couple other things :D

jettredmont
Jan 24, 2005, 01:53 PM
Stopped by CompUSA this weekend to pick up my copy of TaxCut. There were three (3) families vying for time to look at the Mac mini they had, and the salesman was doing all he could to upsell to the iMac (one 20-something girl and another young couple had apparently already been talked into the iMac as they were oogling that machine and talking amongst themselves waiting for the saleman to finish up their order). I was blown away, and a bit jealous (I don't get to CompUSA much, and wanted to have some mouse-time with the mini myself!)

The last three times I've been to this CompUSA (once in the middle of the week, twice on weekends), the Mac corner was practically dead. This is a very welcome change!

All in all, the interest this is raising is very very good!

Earendil
Jan 24, 2005, 05:12 PM
My favorite line was this-

"Analysts agree: "I believe the Mac mini is actually going to have more of an impact on Apple's market share position than their digital music efforts have so far," said IDC analyst Roger Kay told Reuters."

Assuming when he said "Market share" he was talking about computers, is it any surprise the Mini is having a larger effect on changing that than the music? ;)

If he wasn't talking about the market share of computers, and say Electronic devices, then he is smoking something because more iPods have been sold in the last 2 years then Apple has sold computers in forever...

~Tyler