Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ntustudent

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2010
I have a feeling the answer to this is simply going to be a "it needs to be sent for repair", but it's worth a try anyway.

I put my iPad on to charge last night, as I do every few days, and this morning, I turned it on only to find the display 'garbled'. And by that, I mean nothing appears except random lines that vaguely resemble what should be displayed. For example, when I turn it on, there are grey lines along the middle of the screen where the Apple logo is usually displayed.

It's hard to explain, so there is an image below.

Has anyone ever seen/experienced this before? Or am I going to have to send it for repair :(.

PS: I have tried a hard reset, and restored it to factory settings - the problem is still there.

ipadnu.jpg

Last edited:

trsnrtr

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2009
Central Illinois, USA
I may have a dying iPad display also. This morning, the screen display has become a negative. I've tried several hard resets to know avail and will soon try a restore. I'm worried that it is toast, though. Yours isn't looking good, either.

Chris.

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2008
UK
Book a Genius bar appointment at your local Apple store. They will replace the whole unit.

trsnrtr

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2009
Central Illinois, USA
I figured mine out. Somehow, even though I hadn't been anywhere near the settings page, the display had been changed under the accessibility settings. The change happened during a crash of Angry Birds Seasons.

ntustudent

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2010
Book a Genius bar appointment at your local Apple store. They will replace the whole unit.
Thanks Chris - thought it would be the case, but thought I'd just see if anyone else had experienced the issue :(.

I figured mine out. Somehow, even though I hadn't been anywhere near the settings page, the display had been changed under the accessibility settings. The change happened during a crash of Angry Birds Seasons.
Wish this was the case for me!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.