Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DudeMartin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 2, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Hey!

About four months ago, I bought an iPod Touch 2G. At the time, I didn't know much about iPods, I just knew that they were kick ass devices, so I obliviously bought a 2-year old model (and 4G came out less than a month later!!). When I was purchasing it, I thought that since I'd put my iPod in my pocket, it'd probably fall out sometimes, which may cause damage, so I purchased the extended coverage which covered accidental damage.

So, three weeks ago, my iPod got stolen while I was in P.E. (from the locker room), and I am positive that my school won't actually search people nor put any real effort towards finding it (although I did file a stolen item report). I lost all hope quickly (because it's nearly impossible to find such a small device; if it was a car or something, it'd be different), so now, I am contemplating of buying an iPod 4G. The only thing that discomforts me about the idea is the fact that I bought the extended coverage with my 2G iPod, which cost me a cool ~$50.

I bought my 2G iPod from Best Buy. Does anybody know (preferably people from actual experience?) if I could transfer the extended coverage from the stolen 2G iPod to the 4G iPod that I would also buy at Best Buy (of course I would show the receipt from the 2G iPod)?

DudeMartin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 2, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Never mind, talked to a Geek Squad agent; they will give you a partial refund on the warranty, the amount based on how close it is to expiring (the longer to expiration = bigger refund). This is great news, I didn't expect this!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.