Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vraj83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
I'm a switcher, just got a new dual gig system over the weekend. I've used it for a couple days with a 17 inch studio display, didn't have any problems. I installed the Apple Display Software this afternoon and restarted the computer, and was greeted with something similar to the blue screen of death I thought I was free from. The computer will boot up and go through the typical loading procedures, but instead of loading my normal desktop, all I'm getting is a blank blue screen. My mouse cursor is on the screen and the mouse moves normally. Please, help! Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Powermac problem

i dont know why you did that. you only use cds like that and drivers if things dont work out of the box. if your monitor came on with the computer you were fine. if zapping the pram and things like that dont work i would reinstall the system. then dont mess with the monitor. but its ok, you didnt know. hold down option, apple key, p and r for about 2 or 3 times, see if that fixes things.

iJon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.