Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
Well my fav day of the week is here!

So what will be the iLove Tuesday Theme today ? New PowerBook ? eMac ? or maybe this 17" widescreen display .

so do any of you love Tuesdays too !!!!

Tom

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
i personally believe that if they were going to release a 17" display they would have done it at the same time as the release of the mac mini as that is where the 17" display would be picking up sales.

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
russed said:
i personally believe that if they were going to release a 17" display they would have done it at the same time as the release of the mac mini as that is where the 17" display would be picking up sales.

You have apoint with that , but thinking about it if they released the 17" display at Macworld with the Mini and priced it at say £300 (around $570) then people would not have gone for it Mac Mini + 17" display = £639 $1200 ish and then we would all have said how expensive that was !!

i think apple is slicker then that - sell out on Mac Mini THEN release a 17" widescreen ( remember once you have taken a bite of the apple it is hard to go back to anything else !)

tom

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
liketom said:
You have apoint with that , but thinking about it if they released the 17" display at Macworld with the Mini and priced it at say £300 (around $570) then people would not have gone for it Mac Mini + 17" display = £639 $1200 ish and then we would all have said how expensive that was !!

i think apple is slicker then that - sell out on Mac Mini THEN release a 17" widescreen ( remember once you have taken a bite of the apple it is hard to go back to anything else !)

tom

yeh, i suppose that is a good point. i hadnt thought of that!

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
AmigoMac said:
take your time, settle down... apart of MWSF, the last releases have been on Wednesdays, wait can we.

have they? i though tuesday was release day?

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
russed said:
have they? i though tuesday was release day?

used to be tuesday, it has changed, updates, product releases, actually the last x-Books were released on wednesday ... now that you ask, I'm 95% sure but can't confirm since when.

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
OK, I've been looking around and it seems to be that I'm wrong, the wednesday product was the PM last year (According to MR buyer's guide), iPods on monday, actually it says that LCD's updates were made on 04.01.05 :confused: ... doesn't matter at all if they ship them soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.