Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPad.Lover

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2010

img_0105.png

slingplayer_iphone.png

With SlingPlayer you can watch your Home TV anytime anywhere. The SlingPlayer app is a gorgeous designed app with a HQ resolutions specifically for the iPad. Please if you have any info/experience with the SlingBox products or the App itself I hope you can share it with us.

Here is a Demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4apiifpn54

Sincerely.

mikelegacy

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I won't pay a monthly charge for something that I ALREADY pay for through my cable providor. Comcast needs to come out with a TV streaming app. I feel like it's close...

EDIT: NVM. There's no monthly fee. Wow, that's way different than I thought. A bit pricey for just the app when you have to by the actual hardware too, but I just may have to pick this up.... :D

Last edited by a moderator:

iPad.Lover

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2010
I won't pay a monthly charge for something that I ALREADY pay for through my cable providor. Comcast needs to come out with a TV streaming app. I feel like it's close...

EDIT: NVM. There's no monthly fee. Wow, that's way different than I thought. A bit pricey for just the app when you have to by the actual hardware too, but I just may have to pick this up.... :D

I guess you changed your mind hah :D That's what I like about SlingBox no monthly fees.. maybe the app is a little bet expensive but trust me it's worth it. You can watch TV in iPhone/iPad/Mac/PC/TV anywhere. all what you need is SlingBox solo or Slingbox PRO-HD. sincerely

Max.

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2010
Miami, FL
There's a website called TV Catchup that lets you stream live + free digital UK channels to your iPhone over 3G/Wifi, but I'm not sure if this is restricted to the UK only, if it is then it's a shame as it works flawlessly.

iPad.Lover

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2010
There's a website called TV Catchup that lets you stream live + free digital UK channels to your iPhone over 3G/Wifi, but I'm not sure if this is restricted to the UK only, if it is then it's a shame as it works flawlessly.

limited channels only you can't compare it with Slingbox at all. I use VPN to get access to it because I live in the US. I hope they make an app for it and forget the web streaming. thanks for sharing it.

Last edited:

bluechipBMW

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2008
I guess you changed your mind hah :D That's what I like about SlingBox no monthly fees.. maybe the app is a little bet expensive but trust me it's worth it. You can watch TV in iPhone/iPad/Mac/PC/TV anywhere. all what you need is SlingBox solo or Slingbox PRO-HD. sincerely

How are you able to watch it from another TV?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.