Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac In School

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
I've been hoping something like this would pop up in the app store, but I've been watching and haven't seen anything yet. It seems like a great idea to me. Maybe it exists, and I just haven't been able to find it.

The iPhone is the perfect venue for a follow focus effect. Tap one area of the screen and record.... Then tap another area and the focus shifts to that area. This already works, and it works almost perfectly.

The problem that exists now is that the exposure will re-adjust for the second shot if the lighting is different than the first. That turns a great follow focus into an awkward video.

Does anyone know of an app that will lock exposure, yet still allow you to adjust the focus during the shot?

Thanks.

codeoverride

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2008
Thanks for the recommendation. I downloaded almost dslr and although it's a great app, I just figured out that ios5 has focus and exposure lock. All you have to do is press and hold on a spot for a while and you'll get AE/AF lock. I don't think that you can do just one or the other but it's good enough for me. I'd still like to be able to focus manually. Anyone know if that can be done? Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.