PDA

View Full Version : good drawing apps

sotorious
Dec 25, 2010, 04:31 AM
I see mixed reviews on sketch pro, i have desktop version and seen videos of it for the ipad on youtube, what else is there?

Cubemaster13
Dec 25, 2010, 06:06 AM
If you kinda just like to doodle or not th best drawer you might want to try adobe ideas. It's free so you can't go wrong with it. Sketchbook is pretty full featured in my opinion but also I am no great artist.

Stealthipad
Dec 25, 2010, 06:35 AM
without a good stylus a good art program would be hard. Unless you like drawing with your finger:eek:

thunderbunny
Dec 25, 2010, 07:11 AM
TouchDraw seems quite good to me, although I have minimal artistic ability.

MadGoat
Dec 25, 2010, 07:33 AM
Depends on what kind of drawing you want to do?

If it's just freehand, I would suggest AutoDesk SketchBook Pro. If you're looking to do vector drawing, I've had great success with MiniDraw HD.

BHP41
Dec 25, 2010, 08:15 AM
I use sketchbook pro. I'm not a great artist but not bad. I think it's probably the most full featured drawing app.

It's also great for drawing on photos.

vastoholic
Dec 25, 2010, 08:53 AM
Another vote for sketchbook pro. I'm practicing by tracing photos right now. If you use your layers right, you can create some impressive work. Also, my hands drag the serene when i draw with a stylus (habit frm drawing on paper) so i got an idea from a girl on YouTube about wearing a fingerless glove. Let's you rest your palm on the screen but still use your thumb and fingers for zooming and moving the picture around.

sotorious
Dec 25, 2010, 12:17 PM
yea i saw some good drawing styluses on amazon, i got one from the apple store that they sell and that one doesnt seem to well, so i guess sketchbook it is its also on sell right now as well.

blackpawn
Dec 28, 2010, 11:48 AM
a really great drawing app worth checking out is Sketch Club (http://app.sketchclub.com)! it's got a lot of fun brushes and features you can't find in other apps and an online gallery (at http://sketchclub.com) with regular competitions and even prizes!

hah using a fingerless glove is brilliant! i gotta try that now. :)