PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to stream music/photos/videos from a Macbook to an iPad?

danwright
Dec 25, 2010, 09:02 AM
Hey guys,

Is there an application that does this reasonably easily? Basically I want to have my Macbook w/iTunes and Home Sharing able to stream to my iPad music and to a lesser extent photos and videos.

I've tried orb but the performance leaves a little to be desired, even over a local area network and it'd be greater if it were free. I don't mind paying for an App that does this as long as it works well.

How are people managing this kind of functionality?

Thanks,
Daniel

w00tini
Dec 25, 2010, 10:12 AM
Hey guys,

Is there an application that does this reasonably easily? Basically I want to have my Macbook w/iTunes and Home Sharing able to stream to my iPad music and to a lesser extent photos and videos.

I've tried orb but the performance leaves a little to be desired, even over a local area network and it'd be greater if it were free. I don't mind paying for an App that does this as long as it works well.

How are people managing this kind of functionality?

Thanks,
Daniel
AirVideo

great app

pakyooh
Dec 25, 2010, 02:43 PM
Does AirVideo handle iTunes music too?

I already have it and works great with video even if I'm not on the same network. Set up was easy.

AirVideo

great app

danwright
Dec 25, 2010, 06:23 PM
Airvideo is great but doesn't support audio files. Any other recommendations?

sbaishya
Dec 27, 2010, 02:24 AM
StreamToMe?

I don't use it, but it looks like it would do the job for you.

sotie
Dec 27, 2010, 12:38 PM
Airvideo is great but doesn't support audio files. Any other recommendations?

I use AirVideo for video files and ZumoCast (free) for audio. ZumoCast also does video but I prefer Airvideo for that. I've tried out a few audio streaming apps and ZumoCast is currently the best out there.