PDA

View Full Version : bluetooth and Mac mini: price question

canyonblue737
Jan 25, 2005, 12:49 PM
i saw Apple dropped the price of bluetooth in the Mac mini today which is good. here is my question:

all other Mac models (ie. the iMac G5) have an option to buy the bluetooth module, the wireless keyboard, and the wireless mouse for $99. why for the Mac mini does the wireless keyboard and wireless mouse STILL cost $99 but then you have to add bluetooth as an extra even higher cost?

thoughts?

liketom
Jan 25, 2005, 12:56 PM
i saw Apple dropped the price of bluetooth in the Mac mini today which is good. here is my question:

all other Mac models (ie. the iMac G5) have an option to buy the bluetooth module, the wireless keyboard, and the wireless mouse for $99. why for the Mac mini does the wireless keyboard and wireless mouse STILL cost $99 but then you have to add bluetooth as an extra even higher cost?

thoughts?

errr mac mini is the budget model ....batteries not included :D

jadam
Jan 25, 2005, 01:10 PM
Well, because the iMac already comes with the $55 keyboard + mouse combo. When you upgrade it for $99, you are upgrading the $55 keyboard + mouse to a wireless one and adding a bluetooth module. It ends up being the same cost.

canyonblue737
Jan 25, 2005, 01:15 PM
Well, because the iMac already comes with the $55 keyboard + mouse combo. When you upgrade it for $99, you are upgrading the $55 keyboard + mouse to a wireless one and adding a bluetooth module. It ends up being the same cost.

that makes sense, i missed thinking of it that way.