PDA

View Full Version : PowerPC G5 2.5 DP Early 2005 .. Possible Kernal Panic.. Please Help!!

djmikeyc
Dec 27, 2010, 08:39 AM
Hi all...

I am having serious issues with my Apple PowerPC G5.. Its the 2.5 Dual Processor version of early 2005 running os x 10.5.8, i have installed; 2x500gb hds along with 4.5gb of ram......

Ok now heres the problem, yesterday i came across an app called "CHUD" this apparantly was developed to help speed up an OS X system, so i downlaoded and began to install the parts to the app suite, after installing 1 or 2 of the CHUD apps i came to Reggie SE, i doubled clicked on the install then my G5 decided to freeze, completley!
I tried Force Quit and nothing happended, the system would not respond what so ever, so i left it for 30mins or so to see if it would figure itself out and it didnt :( so i had no alternative but to cut the power and reboot....

Now, after reboot, my G5 will boot up to the User login dialogue, once i enter my password the dialogue accepts my password and dissapears (astho it is logging into my account) but then the screen turns Blue and the system returns to the Username & Password dialogue box..... Also the fans within my system begin to speed up and dont stop for a while, almost sounds like my G5 Tower is about to take off!

I would greatly appreciate as much help as possible ...

Thankyou all :apple:

Hrududu
Dec 27, 2010, 11:43 AM
Sounds like that software screwed up your OS installation. You might be able to repair it using Disk Warrior. You're probably going to need a new install though.

djmikeyc
Dec 27, 2010, 12:34 PM
Sounds like that software screwed up your OS installation. You might be able to repair it using Disk Warrior. You're probably going to need a new install though.

I am going to hook it up to a friends iMac tomorrow and use target mode to Repair permissions, hopefully this will work.. I too think the software has made a mess of my OS....
I have tried all PMU reset, NVRAM reset etc etc but with no joy, but maybe all of the resets etc will help with the performance of my G5 once i have repaired through target mode (hopefully)