PDA

View Full Version : External CD burner doesn't work with firewire

legarem
Jan 25, 2005, 06:32 PM
Hi

I have an IMAc G3/500 with OS 9.2. Last week I bought a lite on CD external burner. With toast, the CD burner work when plugged with the USB. When I plug it with the Firewire, I can't burn CD's. I took the IMAc and the CD burner to the shop and they told me that the hard drive in my Imac is getting old and it is rotating too slowly. According to us, this is why the CD burner doesn't work when burning CD's.

I never had any problems with this Imac so I don't thrust what the shop told me. I tried Drive 10 to look if the HD was defective. It seems that there's no problems with the HD.

Is there some serious tests that can be done to test my HD in the Imac ? Other software than Drive 10

Is the HD can really be the problem ?

Thanks

Marc Legare

solvs
Jan 25, 2005, 08:22 PM
I doubt it would have anything to do with the Hard Drive, sounds like they're trying to sell you something. If you can check it on another device's firewire connection, I'd do that. It could be the cable, it could be the firewire connection on the external drive. It could be the firewire on your Mac, so you should try another firewire device on it as well. See if the hardware test can see your firewire port. If you still can't get it to work, take it to an Apple authorized retailer.