PDA

View Full Version : mmorpg games for imac g5?

necrox
Dec 28, 2010, 04:20 AM
Hi,
I'm looking for games like silkroad, lineage 2 for my iMac G5.
Is there some good solutions?

datamonger128
Dec 28, 2010, 09:08 AM
Up until recently, WoW was supported on the G5. Blizzard thinks that all PowerPC Macs struggle to run WoW. I believe there's still Everquest though. As far as I know, that's about it. You can get Diablo II and play that online though. That's about the best "mmo" that you'll get these days on PowerPC. There's also Warcraft III. You can install that and get the DoTA mod.

TSE
Dec 28, 2010, 11:43 AM
Check out eqmac.com and check out the community.

I believe you get 30 day free trial AND all the software is downloaded for free. After that it's 12 bucks a month I think.

JRuss75
Apr 22, 2011, 12:08 PM
Up until recently, WoW was supported on the G5. Blizzard thinks that all PowerPC Macs struggle to run WoW. I believe there's still Everquest though. As far as I know, that's about it. You can get Diablo II and play that online though. That's about the best "mmo" that you'll get these days on PowerPC. There's also Warcraft III. You can install that and get the DoTA mod.

The whole thing with the PowerPC being ditched by Blizzard still pisses me off. As you stated above about PowerPC Macs struggling to run WoW... this is rediculous to say the least. I still run a dual processor G5 and it would run WoW EASILY if the PPC were still supported.

iThinkergoiMac
Apr 23, 2011, 09:15 AM
The whole thing with the PowerPC being ditched by Blizzard still pisses me off.

Without trying to start a war, do you honestly think it's worth Blizzard's time and effort (aka, money) to support an architecture that's 6 years old and represents a fraction of their user base? If you looked up the number of PPC users running WoW, I bet it would be below 5% (and I feel that that's optimistic). I imagine that, at this point, continuing to develop for PPC would cost as much as they'd get back in sales, if not more. For a company that exists to make money, there is no sense in doing such a thing.

Again, this is an honest question!