PDA

View Full Version : SGP Oleophobic vs Ultra Clear Screen Protector

danetello
Dec 28, 2010, 06:18 AM
I have got an SGP Anti Fingerprint screen protector on my iPhone 4 at the moment. It feels great on my fingers, but I think it makes the retina display a little bit grainy :(. I wanted to get a clearer one and chose the SGP Ultra Clear. But what about the Ultra Oleophobic, which is better out of the two? And what is the difference between them?

ZipZap
Dec 28, 2010, 09:18 AM
The difference is the coating. I use the Ole, and like it fine...however, it does scratch easily. I suspect the Ultra does as well.

Have you looked at the power support protectors?

jsimpson
Jan 15, 2011, 09:12 AM
The powersupport anti glare are grainy too. The clear ones don't lay down good and powersupports customer service SUCKS. Multiple emails and no reply, phone call and guy said to use tape where it wouldn't lay down to help the adhesive. That didn't work and he said there was nothing else he could do.

SGP on the other does answer emails and was quick help with issues. The Oleo version does scratch easy too but looks great.

gigemzach
Jan 15, 2011, 01:28 PM
I have got an SGP Anti Fingerprint screen protector on my iPhone 4 at the moment. It feels great on my fingers, but I think it makes the retina display a little bit grainy :(. I wanted to get a clearer one and chose the SGP Ultra Clear. But what about the Ultra Oleophobic, which is better out of the two? And what is the difference between them?

I would also try the screen protectors that Switcheasy sells. I think they are pretty high quality, excellent cutouts, and scratch protection.

Austin M.
Jan 15, 2011, 02:00 PM
I would also try the screen protectors that Switcheasy sells. I think they are pretty high quality, excellent cutouts, and scratch protection.

Yes, I second this, they are awesome!