Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I have these small little tapas frying pans - I use them to make personal sized fritatas - yum! Better than quiche or an omelet. I'll either do a single egg or one egg and another egg white, add cheese (asiago or parmesian) salt, pepper, and some combination of other spices/herbs, meat, crab, smoked salmon, onions, garlic, spinach, etc.

D

dotnina

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
Oh man, eggs? I'm not a fan. Scrambled with fresh pepper they're ok every now and then, but something about them just makes me queasy.

I think there's too much emphasis on eggs as breakfast food. Eggs in French toast, eggs by themselves, eggs in omelets ... no thanks!

OutThere

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
dotnina said:
Oh man, eggs? I'm not a fan. Scrambled with fresh pepper they're ok every now and then, but something about them just makes me queasy.

I think there's too much emphasis on eggs as breakfast food. Eggs in French toast, eggs by themselves, eggs in omelets ... no thanks!

:eek: YOU ARE EVIL

;) ;)

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
I like mine baked into a nice fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies.

Aldaris

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2004
Salt Lake
Poached all they way... runny's no good unless your dipping bacon... what about deviled? mmm... I'm hungry now...

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
I love eggs.

I usually like them scrambled. With nothing else. Just the egg. I enjoy the occasional assorted cheese/bacon omelettes. I LOVE those damn devil eggs!

Apple Hobo

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2004
A series of tubes
Eggs are truly wonderful. Scrambled, poached, hard boiled, sunny side up, over easy...all good.

On toast, off toast. In a sandwich. Egg salad sandwiches. Eggs can do it all.
drool.gif
drool.gif

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
Don't eat eggs, just when are included in a very strange mixture of a recept. (Cake, normally) but for breakfast? they may look like ... :eek:
I'm kinda Vegan...

OutThere

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Aldaris said:
Poached all they way... runny's no good unless your dipping bacon... what about deviled? mmm... I'm hungry now...

Deviled eggs are awesome in the summer time - when you can grab a couple at lunch time...mmmmm.... :cool:

iAlan

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2002
Most definitely Eggs Benedict...

Deviled eggs are also great, and I like occasional scrambled eggs and bacon on an English muffin.

However...the after effect can sometimes be nasty... :eek:

Aaon

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2004
Gotta love Eggs Benedict. I also love some over easy eggs drenched in Tabasco with some corned beef hash and potatos. Yum! I also find I prefer having breakfas foods like eggs at night, as opposed to actual breakfast time.

Wyvernspirit

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
Massachusetts
Omlette (Ham, cheese, tomato, broccoli: choose 1 to 4)
scrambled with cheese and celery salt
deviled

I like other types as well, but those are the favs.

I love eggs, though I don't eat them often. A few times a month at most.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Just curious, but I don't know anything about eggs. I avoided eating eggs for 11 years, and now I can only eat eggs if they don't taste too "egg-y", like McDonald's Sausage Egg McMuffin. :p

Anyway, what's a poached egg, eggs benedict? Oh, and what's the difference between Sunny Side Up and "Over-easy"??

OutThere

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Here's a short run-down of some of the basic egg types (for people like Abstract)

- Poached Eggs (my favorite) are eggs that are (often) cooked in a special pan in individual small cups. The cups are set partially into water, that is boiled in the pan, and the eggs are cooked by the heat of the boiling water. They can also be made in a frying pan, by carefully cracking the eggs into water with a little vinegar in it. The eggs come out in little patty-like shapes, with a soft-ish yolk. Best with toast. :D

- Over Easy are eggs that are cracked into a frying pan, cooked, and then gently turned over so as not to break the yolk. Both sides are cooked about evenly.

- Sunny Side Up are eggs that are like over easy, but they aren't turned over. They are simply cracked into the skillet and cooked. The yolk is usually a little runny.

- Benedict are poached eggs, on buttered english muffins, with canadian bacon, topped with hollandaise sauce. :)

- Scrambled Eggs (you better know what these are!) are eggs that are beaten to make the yolk and whites mix, and, often, mixed with some milk. Often served with tomatoes, cheese, broccoli, or anything else you want.

- Quiches, Fritatas, and Omelettes are too hard to make.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.