PDA

View Full Version : Ballistic Case --- WOW

Nrwrit3r
Dec 28, 2010, 12:04 PM
Ok, so I dropped my iphone and the screen cracked. I got it fixed for free (I'm good at talking to the people at the genius bar haha), and needed a case that would stop the phone from being able to be cracked.

I was looking closely at the Otterbox Commuter or Defender, which both offer a lot of protection. The only problem was that the commuter didn't have a front plate to cover the screen, and the defender for the iphone 4 has horrible reviews.

So, I got the Ballistic case (http://www.goballisticcase.com/products/iphone-4-ballistic-hc-series-case).

This case is SO AMAZING!! I got it off Amazon for $22, instead of the $50 the site charges.

It comes with an outer layer that is optional (kind of like a bumper on steriods), and the base layer of the case is a back cover and front face plate. The key thing here is that the case does not take up a lot of room, but still has a plastic covering on the front screen.

I have compared it to other iphone 4s that are naked, and it is not noticeably different. I wear tight jeans and it goes in and out easily.

Another interesting thing I noticed is that I haven't had it slip out of my hands once because of the nice built in grips on the sides. It has fallen a bunch of times, however, when it's on my lap and I get up and forget it was there.

I highly recommend this case to anyone who wants ultimate protection of their phone!

The only thing that is annoying is, like a lot of cases, the headphone jack is a little tight so normal headphones like the apple ones fit but other speaker cables don't; a simple filing of the edges fixes this though.

I'll upload pictures in a bit, but this case is definitely the best I've ever had.

bigddybn
Dec 28, 2010, 12:08 PM
Defender has horrible reviews? I don't think I've seen a serious review yet that didn't praise it and frankly I think it looks better than what you've linked. More choices are always good though.

h1r0ll3r
Dec 28, 2010, 12:15 PM
I wear tight jeans and it goes in and out easily.

Best post of the day :p

i3igsmooth5769
Dec 28, 2010, 12:51 PM
Defender has horrible reviews? I don't think I've seen a serious review yet that didn't praise it and frankly I think it looks better than what you've linked. More choices are always good though.

Yeah i would like to see these "horrible" reviews...i see many video reviews of people reccomending them.As for the ballistic case, looks pretty unique, but just too rugged looking.Although too bulky, the defender adds protection without looking like youre carrying a small starship in your pocket.

mpossoff
Dec 28, 2010, 02:19 PM
Yeah i would like to see these "horrible" reviews...i see many video reviews of people reccomending them.As for the ballistic case, looks pretty unique, but just too rugged looking.Although too bulky, the defender adds protection without looking like youre carrying a small starship in your pocket.

The ballistic is ugly compared to the defender.

i3igsmooth5769
Dec 28, 2010, 02:40 PM
The ballistic is ugly compared to the defender.

cant argue with u there....but i think it looks ugly on its own lol

labman
Dec 28, 2010, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by Nrwrit3r View Post

h1r0ll3r Best post of the day

LMAO that was good thanks might even make best of 2010!

JASApplications
Dec 28, 2010, 05:11 PM

Impressive!! :D