PDA

View Full Version : multi USB charger / USB Hub

el-John-o
Dec 28, 2010, 07:30 PM
Hey all,

I was wanting to know if anyone makes a multi-USB charger (1 outlet taken up, multiple USB ports), OR is a USB Hub would work on the iPad charger to charge an iPad AND an iPhone 4? I'm trying to consolidate outlets here, I have only one outlet near my bed (other than on the other side of the room) and I like to charge my iPhone and iPad near the bed, in addition to a lamp, laptop, fan and even a 75 gallon Aquarium I keep in the bedroom off of this one outlet. I'm using a power strip, but I have to unplug something to charge both devices. Usually it's the lamp, but still it would be nice if I could consolodate an outlet for charging purposes, without adding another fire hazard if at all possible. (Older house, it's been updated with better modern wiring, and 3 prong outlets, but they didn't think to add any. There are two outlets per bedroom, on opposite walls, one in the living room, and two in the kitchen. In fact, the only room with adequate outlets is the den, which has one every 6 feet which is the way it's supposed to be where I live, and of course, that's the room with the wood fireplace, couch, coffee table, and that's it. Nothing plugs in there, not even a lamp. Go figure!)

-John

-John