Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bailorg

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
The last few battery cycles, the iPod's battery indicator never went below about 70%, eventually one day without warning the screen would inevitably read "Very low battery. Please connect to power source"

The actual battery life was fairly normal, if a little lower than when new, the only problem was that I had absolutely no indication that the battery was almost drained.

The last couple of times a different problem emerged, namely my Mac had trouble recognizing that my iPod was connected to my computer. This was generally fixed by doing a reset (holding the center and menu buttons on my iPod).

Today, after receiving the "Very Low Battery" warning, upon being hooked up to my Mac, the iPod entered a restart loop, where the Apple logo would come on the iPod screen, the iPod hard drive would spin, and then a few seconds later the hard drive would stop, and the screen would turn off, followed by the Apple logo coming back on, hard drive spin, and shutdown, etc.

This happened too many times to count, and continued despite restarts, unplugging the USB cable, and replugging in the USB cable. At some point for no apparent reason, the iPod got out of the restart loop and synced with my Mac and is recharging.

Is there anything I can do to prevent a reoccurance of these problems or is my iPod in it's death throes?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.