Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrisfx811

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
louisville
from os 8.6/os9 to os x.2
maybe not what you guys expected... sorry.
i had a 266 imac with os 8.6, then bought os 9 when it came out which my computer said it could not read the disk. eventually i got os 9 on there but anyways.... os x.2 has made being on the computer fun again. i bought the new widescren imac, upped the ram to 768 and took it home for a test drive. i absofriggenlutely love this thing! i don't know much about the dark side, i mess around on my mom's gateway when i'm over there, but i've only owned my 2 macs thus far. and if my experiences continue to be this fantastic, i may never own a pc! i must say that i mainly use a computer for email, internet, bookkeeping, word processing and other basic tasks so maybe i don't need all the speeed that everyone always seeems to be clamoring for. this imac seems plenty fast enough for everything i need and i find myself wanting to do much, much more just to have an excuse to us this beautiful thing. i'll be purchasing a digital camera very soon, probably an ipod, and eventually a camcorder. i know i'm rambling here so i'll just sum it up by saying x.2 kicks major friggen @$$, and the widescreen imac is the bomb! i hope pro users get the power they're looking for, but for all of you out there who want an everyday computer that works great, looks great, and performs... then do what i did get os x.2!
thanks for listening...
oh and any reccommendations on a digicam under $500 with at least 3mp would be appreciated.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
awesome man. enjoy it

i agree that the imac is a great consumer computer. got my parents one (low end model) recently. and it's fun being at home to use it

get some iphoto and imovie and idvd experience... it's all so great and easy

but yeah, the pros need more power.... ahh well. eventually

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Congratulations! The 17 inch looks great and everyone seems to say that it is.

As far as digital cameras, I only buy Olympus but Nikon is great too and I believe there's a model for less than $500 now.

aznatari

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2002
NJ
congrats to you. you now are one of the millions of users of the new iMac. lol. Enjoy it!

atari

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.