PDA

View Full Version : best hidden object game

Acorn
Dec 29, 2010, 07:14 PM
is anyone out there into the hidden object games? I thought there was just 2 or 3 of them but after a more thorough search its like 45 of em. Can anyone suggest a decent one. preferably one that also has hints.

These type of games are kind relaxing to me and would really like to grab a few

bunger
Dec 29, 2010, 09:04 PM
AncientSpirits is a great one!!

Acorn
Dec 30, 2010, 01:01 PM
AncientSpirits is a great one!!

Thanks Ill check it out!

bunger
Dec 31, 2010, 06:35 AM
Thanks Ill check it out!

The same company also has a few others (amazon and everest), but they are a bit buggy and/or the some of the puzzles are just not logical... But they seemed to have fixed all of those issues in ancientspirits

ctt1wbw
Dec 31, 2010, 07:11 AM
What exactly is a hidden object game?

sotie
Dec 31, 2010, 08:49 AM
What exactly is a hidden object game?

I'm pretty sure he's referring to games similar to Where's Waldo.

Acorn
Dec 31, 2010, 08:55 AM
Its sorta like an adventure game. You explore rooms and areas. There is a list of objects on the bottom of the screen you have to find in the scene. There can be as many as fifty scenes. Its not just searching for a list of items. There is also loads and loads of puzzles inside. You can move room to room examining things for clues and other objects that are used in mini games. Some have secret areas. It's hard to explain best thing is to just play one.

ctt1wbw
Dec 31, 2010, 05:31 PM
Ah, well that sounds intrsting... I might have to try one out.

Dragoro
Jan 1, 2011, 09:14 AM
The stone is pretty cool. I got it for free, don't know if it still is though

bunger
Jan 1, 2011, 09:23 AM
The stone is pretty cool. I got it for free, don't know if it still is though

I can't find anything called "Stone" or "The Stone" in the app store...

DotCom2
Jan 1, 2011, 01:06 PM
is anyone out there into the hidden object games? I thought there was just 2 or 3 of them but after a more thorough search its like 45 of em. Can anyone suggest a decent one. preferably one that also has hints.

I really like "Drawn".

txa1265
Jan 3, 2011, 08:45 AM
I like the Mystery of the Crystal Portal games ... they were on sale before Christmas, not sure pricing now ...

DaBrain
Jan 3, 2011, 09:48 AM

If you like Hidden Object Games and have a mac or pc desktop or laptop with a larger screen, then give Bigfish Games a go. They have a ton of the best games out there. I find their much more enjoyable on a large screen. Either way have fun! ;)

Acorn
Jan 3, 2011, 09:21 PM
If you like Hidden Object Games and have a mac or pc desktop or laptop with a larger screen, then give Bigfish Games a go. They have a ton of the best games out there. I find their much more enjoyable on a large screen. Either way have fun! ;)

Yes they are great. My stepmother has a subscription to big fish and I get the spoils. They are a lot of fun but some of the puzzles are really hard. Sometimes I use the hints they provide and I sit back after and think to myself how would I possibly ever have ever figured that out.

amazonpam
Jan 5, 2011, 12:15 AM
Try Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse

Pete the Geek
Apr 28, 2011, 10:17 AM
I just finished Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret HD for iPad. It was an engaging story. Empress offers a nice mix of hidden object and other (fairly easy) puzzles. There are hints for every puzzle and you can even skip puzzles. There is a sequel but it is not out for iPad yet.

itsjustmeee
Apr 28, 2011, 10:26 AM
I like the Mystery of the Crystal Portal games ... they were on sale before Christmas, not sure pricing now ...

The Mystery of the Crystal Portal games are fun. I would recommend them.

Robby66
May 19, 2011, 03:58 AM
I´m a fan of Jade Rousseau: The Secret Revelations since I bought it last month on the Mac Appstore. If you like storylines that could be from a Dan Brown book, this one is for you.

Stangs55
May 19, 2011, 08:30 AM
I just finished Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret HD for iPad. It was an engaging story. Empress offers a nice mix of hidden object and other (fairly easy) puzzles. There are hints for every puzzle and you can even skip puzzles. There is a sequel but it is not out for iPad yet.

This one was great

Stangs55
May 19, 2011, 08:30 AM
Drawn: Painted Tower

stevearm
May 19, 2011, 08:34 PM
Ancient Spirits and Isabella are the worst 'Big Fish' hidden object games, very boring.

Drawn: Painted Tower, Nick Chase, Awakening, Buckinham Palace, Haunted Manor are all excellent.

Not tried Puppet Show, Secret Mission or Serpent of Isis but they're apparently quite good.

It's a shame you're asking now, all the Big Fish games were 90% off a couple of weeks ago. Amazing bargains.

Non Big Fish, Treasure Seekers 1 and (in particular) 2 are fantastic.

iKingsley86
May 19, 2011, 11:17 PM
Drawn: Painted Tower !!!

HellenaSim
Nov 24, 2011, 04:45 AM
Have you heard anything about Mystery Manor for iPad? This is my favorite hidden object game on Facebook. I saw a review somewhere, saying that it is already available for iPad, but I couldn’t find it in the AppStore. Do you know anything about it?

Acorn
Dec 4, 2011, 01:17 PM
try haunted manor. its has over 2600 5 star reviews