Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigbro1096

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Well, I have some extra money and want a new iPad case. I haven't found, or heard, about other iPad cases that I may like so I was wondering which case is best? I haven't heard anything review wise about Treegloo. I also already have a Portenzo but you can never have too much of a good thing.

Themanmbh

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2010
I have a black Alano made by Portenzo. If I were going to buy another case, it would be a brown Alano.

Out of the three that you listed, my pick is Portenzo.

Michael

ksmith80209

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
+1 on the Portenzo Alano in black. My second choice would be the regular Portenzo and my 3rd would be the DODOcase. I have one of each and while all good, I definitely prefer them in that order.

Higgs1

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2009
New York City
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

ugahairydawgs said:
Where do you buy the Alano? I've looked on Portenzo's website and don't see it listed.

https://shop.portenzo.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=iPad%20%20Alano

There's where u go for alano, it's not readily available on their main page. Enjoy!!

87vert

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Another vote for Portenzo, DoDo say's they have their corners fixed but they are about the same price as the Portenzo so why risk it? The Treegloo look okay but seem they are more cheaply made.

mechanopony

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2010
The Treegloo look okay but seem they are more cheaply made.

I'll put my vote in for Treegloo. I've had one for a few months and been meaning to do a review. I can definitely say that Treegloo is FAR from cheaply made... Between the use of suede and the stamped serial number, I'd say the case is built with more care, if anything.

Before ordering, I asked about the pricing and they said they're a design firm and their own bindery, so they can keep costs down. The Treegloo folks also said if I have any issues or didn't like it I could return or replace the case at no cost.

I think Portenzo makes a nice case as well. You can't go wrong with either, both are great.

thefreeagent

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2010
New Mexico
Just got the (new) DODOcase...

...and I love it!
I had one of the first round of DODOcases, back in May, and though I liked it a lot, it didn't hold up very well. In large part it was because of the corner tabs, but the cover material felt a bit thin...or something. Anyway, I ordered my brother a DODOcase for Christmas, and I was so impressed with what I saw that I decided to get another one for myself, the green-lined case specifically. At any rate, the whole build quality feels solid, sturdy, and clean. The corner tabs are some new rubber-like material which feels very secure and solid. In short, I LOVE it! Looks really elegant, and feels well-crafted. I got so many comments on my first case because of its great look, but this one has a very finished feel to it. I will do a follow up, at some point, on how it holds up. At any rate, good luck choosing a case, there are definitely multiple good options and the DODOcase is one of them!

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
Yeah, the new Dodo corners seem much improved, but we'll see how they hold up in the long run. Note that the dodo doesn't fold flat when you flip the cover back, which can be either a good or bad thing depending on your point of view.

TheMacFather

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2011
London, UK
I considered all of these but given the long shipping times I thought I'm not patient enough especially as I'd have to wait longer for it to arrive in the uk. I found a company in Surrey doing folio style cases for iPad and have just ordered one from them at patsonscase! I'll post a review when it arrives...

bluebermuda

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2009
I considered all of these but given the long shipping times I thought I'm not patient enough especially as I'd have to wait longer for it to arrive in the uk. I found a company in Surrey doing folio style cases for iPad and have just ordered one from them at patsonscase! I'll post a review when it arrives...

The Patsons of Surrey case appears to be a really nice case and is the first Moleskine case that appears to approach the quality of the Porentzo case. Unfortunately as per their web site they are currently only producing cases for the iPad 1.

http://patsonscase.com/default.htm

jeremy3721

macrumors regular
May 29, 2010
I've had the dodo limited edition case for a while now and it's held up great. Looks great too and I couldn't be happier although I haven't personally used the other brands but I'm pretty picky.

kschles

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
I got a Portenzo, and it's very nice. Craftsmanship is great, and works as advertised. Also wasted two and a half months with Treegloo before finally requesting a refund.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.