PDA

View Full Version : Are there any app store restrictions that would prevent this app being approved...?

daleanthony
Dec 30, 2010, 01:26 PM
I'm in the process of putting together a plan for an app for iOS. I haven't developed for iOS before (I will find someone else to develop the app), but before I put lots of hard work into the planning, design etc I'd like to find out if there are any restrictions that would stop the app being approved in the first instance, here are some details...

- it would be a 'media streaming' app
- broken down into music, movies, tv shows, photos
- movies are stored on a remote computer which will stream and covert on the fly (like airvideo)

these are the bits i'm most concerned about....

- for the movies and tv shows i'd like the app to pull information such as titles, descriptions, meta, artwork from online sources like thetvdb and themoviedb (similar to what xbmc does)

- if the user want's to they can store the media locally on the device, either by syncing wirelessly, or by pluggin into itunes? this would be in addition to the streaming

- ideally i'd also like to have the music library pulled through the iPod function with it's artwork but displayed within my app.

Can anyone see any potential problems with any of this?