Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
well set is thus:

PeeCee with internet plugged in with wi-fi sharing internet ,
iBook recieving internet and also Broadcasting iTunes via AirTunes downstairs .

the internet has to go upstairs ,my ibook goes anywhere i go in the house and the Airport Express is plugged in downstairs next to my Hi-Fi

am i being think on this one?? all i want to do is use internet and Airtunes at same time on my iBook

Help please :confused:

mcmav37

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2004
Ann Arbor, MI
liketom said:
well set is thus:

PeeCee with internet plugged in with wi-fi sharing internet ,
iBook recieving internet and also Broadcasting iTunes via AirTunes downstairs .

the internet has to go upstairs ,my ibook goes anywhere i go in the house and the Airport Express is plugged in downstairs next to my Hi-Fi

am i being think on this one?? all i want to do is use internet and Airtunes at same time on my iBook

Help please :confused:

:confused: :confused: I'm not really sure what "am I being think" means, but I think your question is simply, "Can my iBook receive internet from one basestation and transmit to an Airport Express?" This should definitely work for you. My internet connection is via a non-Apple wireless router to my iMac and while surfing the internet, I can connect to my Airport Express to play Airtunes. I hope that answered your question.

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
I think he meant "thick". Your Airport Express would have to be configured as a client on the WiFi network, just like your Mac. If that's the case, you simply have 3 nodes (PC, Mac and AEx) on a single WiFi network. If you're asking if your Mac can talk to two separate WiFi networks at the same time (1-PC, 2-AEx), then no, unless you play some routing games on Windows, which I'm not familiar with (PC acting as router between 2 WiFi networks and also routing the WiFi networking to/from the Internet). The again, it's always possible I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.