PDA

View Full Version : Face pad for ipad

kevingaffney
Jan 1, 2011, 05:24 PM
Only released a couple of days, but I'm very impressed with the look of this on the iPad. Could do with a little polishing In next update but certainly the best of the Facebook apps I've tried

thefacepad
Jan 1, 2011, 06:43 PM
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the feedback, we are working around the clock on many great improvements and features but would love to hear your suggestions!

Best,
Cole Ratias
Founder of Facepad

d3vilsim
Jan 7, 2011, 10:50 AM
this is really a great facebook apps for ipad. Tested few hours... found out 2 problems so far.

1. time show on post are not accurate. (for example post a status post at 11.pm but it show 8am) already check my ipad time are correct)

2. most of the time when play youtube movie it's will auto hide.

Once again..thanks for the apps =)

EmmEff
Jan 7, 2011, 09:07 PM
Great app! Much better than Friendly, which is utter crap.

Fedorov
Jan 8, 2011, 10:31 AM
Nice to see you on here Cole.
One thing I cannot do currently on the "other apps" is access and read/post/photos to the new facebook Groups.

I think once you have most of the features of the other apps in, with your good looking UI you can probably start charging 59p for your app.

Why on earth the Facebook founders haven't realised that most people would PAY for a decent facebook app on their iPad..... :)

Regards

matt90036
Jan 8, 2011, 05:21 PM
Facepad is buggy. I can't write messages, I cant sign out and it is really slow. If you want a dedicated app for your facebook buy atomic browser for 99c and it will automatically load the last page you visited.

anthonymoody
Jan 11, 2011, 09:36 AM
I like the look of this app but find it buggy. Happy it exists and glad to have a dev who seems engaged and interested in making the app better over time. No a fan of using a browser whether atomic or otherwise to access FB. I hope this app evolves to become as polished as twitter's.

EmmEff
Jan 11, 2011, 10:18 AM
I didn't find Facepad terribly buggy but I guess I haven't used it "seriously" (how serious can one be about Facebook?) enough. I look forward to future updates/upgrades as well.

BrotherNov
Jan 14, 2011, 02:36 PM
Why is an app necessary? I just log on in Safari, works well for me.

sjcook
Jan 14, 2011, 02:38 PM
Why is an app necessary? I just log on in Safari, works well for me.

I agree with you. I just log in under the safari and get the real thing! Pretty easy......

EmmEff
Jan 14, 2011, 02:46 PM
One would assume that a dedicated app can bring more to the table than what using the website directly would do. If that's not the case, then the app has no value.