PDA

View Full Version : M-Audio Keystation with aluminum PowerBook?

nagromme
Jan 27, 2005, 02:39 AM
Anyone using an M-Audio Keystation 49e music keyboard with an aluminum PowerBook?

I'm thinking of buying a music keyboard, and I like how that model runs from USB power. But I want to make sure my 15" AlBook can handle it--at least when the laptop's plugged into wall power.

My AlBook can't seem to power my external USB HD, which my old Lombard G3 could power just fine, so I figure I'd better check. I don't want to buy that keyboard and then have to buy an AC adapter.

TIA!

jackieonasses
Jan 27, 2005, 02:51 AM
Anyone using an M-Audio Keystation 49e music keyboard with an aluminum PowerBook?

I'm thinking of buying a music keyboard, and I like how that model runs from USB power. But I want to make sure my 15" AlBook can handle it--at least when the laptop's plugged into wall power.

My AlBook can't seem to power my external USB HD, which my old Lombard G3 could power just fine, so I figure I'd better check. I don't want to buy that keyboard and then have to buy an AC adapter.

TIA!Yes it does work, I have it (bought it for my mom) and ya - It works flawlessly on both the Cube and the Albook....

oh ya - and P.S/edit It is a well-made tool also. I was surprised at the stuff i could create with that!

kyle

nagromme
Jan 27, 2005, 10:55 AM
Thanks. I think I'll go for it, then... I'm no musician, but I love Soundtrack, and now I have GarageBand which is better yet! Lots of fun.

SilentPanda
Jan 27, 2005, 11:01 AM
I use it with my iBook G4 800 and I can power it for a few hours even without the laptop being plugged into the wall.