PDA

View Full Version : Envelope style Budget solution

el-John-o
Jan 3, 2011, 12:41 AM
Hey all,

After BUYING a couple of Budget apps that were well hyped up by reviewers I'm now convinced can't count money, I've decided to turn to you, Macrumors, to let me know what Budget Software will help me in my following situation

I would like it to be an iPad OR iPhone app (or Both? Please?) If it allowed me to enter expenses on my iPhone and control my budget and what not on my iPad I'd be golden.

I prefer the envelop style of budgeting, that is, rather than enter an amount I spend here or there and adjust on the fly, I want a certain amount each month for each expense, for example, $150 for dining out each month. I imagine pulling out my iPhone, seeing that I have $82 remaining on that budget item for the month, and planning where I want to eat based on that. I don't want to see all of my money when I want something to eat, I wanna see my eatin' money!

I have a business expense account and am reimbursed for mileage and office supplies, among other expenses, so something that allows me to figure in for that would be nice.

I pay clergy taxes, essentially I don't get anything taken out of my checks, I pay quarterly. Something with a tax planner? I'm asking for WAAAY to much here I know, but if there was something, I'd be willing to pay for it.

Thanks!

-John