Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
the easiest way to keep your kids believing a lie is to shield them from the truth. gay people should be shown destroying communities and killing children, not living quiet lives in vermont. what's the world coming to?

DanTekGeek

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2004
Denver, CO
All this about TV teaching about acceptance and different types of people. Totally not what the next generation needs. Nope, blind bigotry is what /I/ what my children to know.
</sarcasm>

2A Batterie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2004
Out of a Suitcase, USA
I can't believe a government official can be so ignorant and insensitive. How exactly does a same-sex couple hurt our country and society? Due to seperation and state, the religious issue is not a factor here. I seriously would like to know how same-sex couples have a so called negative effect on society.

dotnina

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
In the show, Buster carries a digital video camera and explores regions, activities and people of different backgrounds and religions.
Yes, sounds like quite the morally objectionable show. Parents, hide your children. :rolleyes:

The article makes it sound like there was a lesbian couple in ONE episode of the show. That, to me, makes it even more disturbing that the Secretary of Education would react like this.

----
Edit: Boston and New York, you rock my socks. :)

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
dotnina said:
Yes, sounds like quite the morally objectionable show. Parents, hide your children. :rolleyes:

The article makes it sound like there was a lesbian couple in ONE episode of the show. That, to me, makes it even more disturbing that the Secretary of Education would react like this.

----
Edit: Boston and New York, you rock my socks. :)

that link asked for registration and, well, im lazy. what was the gist of it? :)

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
There was a good article on Slate explaining what the episode is about. Apparently Buster meets a girl who tells him that she has a mom and a stepmom. Buster tells her she has a lot of moms, and that's it. Interesting, since I have a mom and a stepmom, and neither of them is gay (of course, they don't live together).

iArtificialLife

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2005
my heart is in tokyo,japan
oh my gosh,this is so ridiculous,so people are different..... Honostly i think that this country should be free to all people not just people Who are "strait". Alot of people need to accept that people are going to be different than them.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
It's sad but I think animals will be able to legally wed in the US before gay people can.

chanoc

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2003
Anchorage, Alaska USA
"Many parents would not want their young children exposed to the lifestyles portrayed in the episode," Spellings wrote in a letter sent Tuesday to Pat Mitchell, president and chief executive officer of PBS.

"Hi we're your new, christian, prolife parents" :rolleyes:

The child thinks, "Where's the tower, where's the gun..." :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.