Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SydneyJunkie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
I payed the 5 bucks and its so worth it, love the fact you can watch feeds from 4 cams, motion detector is awesome.

THE dAY

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2010
SFV California
Only have my laptop's isight to use it with but works great. Haven't used it in a while though. Motion detection saved images and being able to view live video over 3G are top features for me.

Totally worth the $5 and its universal so same app also works on the iPad.

I wish they optimize the streaming video a little more though. I've read Jumicam's (another app) live stream is smoother.

Dhelsdon

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2010
Canadian Eh!
Jeez, I immediately thought of dirty things reading this thread title.

It would be cool to have though, but it seems odd to think that it supports four cameras - which all have to be connected to the same computer. Unless you buy a nice big usb extension cable, I don't see the point?

SydneyJunkie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Jeez, I immediately thought of dirty things reading this thread title.

It would be cool to have though, but it seems odd to think that it supports four cameras - which all have to be connected to the same computer. Unless you buy a nice big usb extension cable, I don't see the point?

Wifi webcams?

Plus not all webcams necessarily have to be equipped to the same laptop. You can have multiple computers like one at the job as long as you enter the same login, you will get access

Dhelsdon

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2010
Canadian Eh!
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Oh I didn't realized it allowed so much access. I've heard of it being used with motion detect cameras of whatever, but they were just for recording no online stream.

vinyldoc

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2011
can't get external webcam that works with iCam

I've got a 17" G5 iMac and the internal camera works great with iCam, but I've tried two webcams, a Logitech(which I didn't realize was not mac compatible) and Rocketfish Webcam which was supposed to be compatible, with no success.

is anyone using iCam on their mac with an external webcam, and if so, which one? Thanks!!!!

Eldiablojoe

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2009
West Koast
I use it and love it. It's a great $5 security system. The cam registers and starts recording whenever it senses movement. It sends a text to me that the camera was activated and I can watch it live at anytime. This thing works friggin great!!

I use it with the iSight on my MacBook, I just turn it on, then let the screen go blank as it goes to sleep. Still works even though the laptop screen looks black.

Way cool!! I can tell when UPS has arrived, the meter reader, the dog sitter, the house keeper, etc. I can also tell when unauthorized persons have come within view of the camera, which has never happened. The dog sitter brought a friend though one time, which was without permission.

Anyhow, highly recommed :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.