Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

delude

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2007
UK
Hi there,

My trial was just ending and I bought a subscription pack from Amazon. Whilst waiting for it to arrive on Amazon the subscription was automatically billed (I thought I had removed my card...) so now I have a full years worth and the activation code.

I was wondering whether I could type in the code now and if it would extend my subscription for another year, is this possible? Also, if I bought a new iPhone in the meantime everything would still be okay, and I could use the iPhone tracking features with the new one?

Cheers

sniffies

macrumors 603
Jul 31, 2005
somewhere warm, dark, and cozy
I think I read somewhere that the earliest you can use another activation code is 9 months. In other words, since you've just started your current subscription, you have to wait at least 3 months before using the next code.

Chat with someone at MobileMe online support. They'll give you definite answers.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I was wondering whether I could type in the code now and if it would extend my subscription for another year, is this possible? Also, if I bought a new iPhone in the meantime everything would still be okay, and I could use the iPhone tracking features with the new one?

Cheers

Yes... it will just extend your existing subscription. I do this every year with a boxed version from Amazon. When you get the new phone and dump the old one just enter your MM info on the new phone then go to Find my Phone at me.com and delete your old phone from Find my Phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.