Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lead Belly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2002
Any one have any experience with this or something like it?

http://www.cooldrives.com/dual-driv...e-raid-firewire-aluminum-case-mini-1394b.html

I have a B&W G3 that's still chugging along as I wait for a G5 Powerbook (or something). Those B&W Rev 1's have issues with additional internal drives and any drives over 120 GB (i think). I'd like to be able to increase storage, swap out "internal drives" from a hard drive docking station, store backups off-site.

I was looking at a little dock thing that weibetech and others make. It fits on the butt of the drive, but it looks like something that would end up in my "what the heck is that again" pile of miscellaneous computer things. The linked set up looks like a better solution and has added benefits, but I have no personal experience with this type of product.

Any recommendations?
Any better solutions or suggestions?

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
I'd go for the external enclosure. This way you'll be able to use the drives on your new PB as well...

The WiebeTech thing is indeed something i as well would find in one of my aged/unused but hard to throw away computer add-ons/accesories.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.