PDA

View Full Version : Do Apple stores stock the 4gb versions?

Stevm
Jan 5, 2011, 08:16 AM
I'm about to head overseas to Hong Kong and I don't want to get caught out not knowing what to do if none of the stores stock the 4gb version so I was wondering what I should expect.

Thanks in advance :>

bdeitemeyer
Jan 5, 2011, 08:28 AM
The stores in the U.S. have usually kept the 4gb models in stock, that's how I got mine...not sure about the HK stores.

Beaverfish
Jan 5, 2011, 08:55 AM
I had to order mine online (UK) as they didn't have any 11" 4GB ram in stock.... I'm still waiting for my delivery.....

aldo818
Jan 5, 2011, 08:59 AM
In france ( Apple store @ Cap 3000) they have bought an ultimate Air with 4GB 2.13 GHz
only thing i had to wait till they changed the keyboard to an US international one which took 40 min as they only had french on stock.

bmat
Jan 5, 2011, 09:42 AM
The stores in the U.S. have usually kept the 4gb models in stock, that's how I got mine...not sure about the HK stores.

They have more than just the "ultimate" 4GB models? I had thought that US Apple stores only had the two base models for each size, and then an ultimate version with everything up to the max (including 4GB).

Squadleader
Jan 5, 2011, 10:55 AM
They have more than just the "ultimate" 4GB models? I had thought that US Apple stores only had the two base models for each size, and then an ultimate version with everything up to the max (including 4GB).

They had mine in stock...(US)..Perhaps you can email an individual store and request they hold one for you....

snouter
Jan 5, 2011, 11:46 AM
I only saw the Ultimate versions in my Apple Store.

yyc engineer
Jan 5, 2011, 12:09 PM
i just called the store in North Calgary and the guy said they have them

HLdan
Jan 5, 2011, 12:29 PM
i just called the store in North Calgary and the guy said they have them

This is exactly what the OP should be doing. He will get the answer he's looking for from the store, not the forum.

Stevm
Jan 5, 2011, 11:54 PM
This is exactly what the OP should be doing. He will get the answer he's looking for from the store, not the forum.

I would but it's on the other hemisphere and I'm not looking at a particular store. I'm just not looking forward to having a dilemma overseas (the MBA is much cheaper there than here in Australia).

Anyway, thanks for the info guys, I probably won't have any problems finding the 4gb version or at the very least, overpaying for the ultimate version.

Xeperu
Jan 6, 2011, 01:45 AM
In HongKong they do NOT stock these. I'm there now and I've tried. I ended up buying it in the HongKong online store. Expect 10 days from ordering to doorstep.

sm0
Jan 24, 2011, 04:30 AM
HK is the best place to buy macs right now. Cost me $1549NZD for the MBA 13" base, compared to $2199NZD retail. Brother said the iMac is over $1k NZD cheaper in HK than NZ. Why I live in NZ i do not know...

PeckhamBog
Jan 24, 2011, 04:54 AM
Why I live in [Wellington] NZ i do not know...

I do. You love the wind!

SneakerFreak
Jan 24, 2011, 07:14 AM
Same story in the UK - 13" MBA with 4gb ram is just over 300 more than in HK !