PDA

View Full Version : Photo Gallery Inside TabBar Needed

inspirations365
Jan 5, 2011, 09:36 AM
Hello, it's been a while, everyone.

I need help with part of my application. The end result would be to have sort of a thumbnail gallery of pictures (much like the Camera Roll, but NOT the Camera Roll itself, but pics I put in myself), where you can select one and interact with it (again, like in Camera Roll) and have an option to save the picture to your iDevice. Unfortunately I don't even know where to begin with this type of implementation.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

dejo
Jan 5, 2011, 09:54 AM
I would probably begin with a Window-based project and not the Tab-Bar template, which I find a little quirky to work with. Then add in your tab-bar UI and get that working. Then it's on to the photo gallery. If you don't want to roll your own, you might consider integrating Three20's.

inspirations365
Jan 5, 2011, 10:02 AM
I have come across Three20's name a few times in my hunt for the answer to my question. I did hear that they have stopped support because of Apple or various reasons, and that's why I'm considering making my own.

However, being as new to this as I am, if their implementation will work on current hardware and isn't *too* complicated to use, I will go ahead with that.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Edit: I'm also unsure how to edit Three20's so that I can pull the photos from the app itself (NOT from the Camera Roll or taking a picture) instead of using URLs. This is paramount to the functionality of my app.

Edit 2: Figured out how to do it locally. Now I just have to figure out a way to get the tabs working without IB.

inspirations365
Jan 6, 2011, 09:18 AM
Okay, I've found what I'm looking for. It's located here (http://kwigbo.com/post/758575763/uiscrollview-image-gallery-tutorial). How do I tweak the code to get this to work with in a TabBar application? Should I begin using the TabBar template or begin from a Window-based one?

I'm almost done bugging you all, I swear lol :D