Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

devinh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I just bought the new MBA and had a MacBook Pro. I completed 1 last backup from the MBP via Time Capsule. I used Migration Assistant on the MBA and followed the instructions. Unfortunately, I did it wirelessly so it took about 17 hours. Applications transferred such as Office 2011 for Mac, VMWare Fusion, Handbrake, etc. No photos or iTunes music transferred, unless I can't find them somewhere. Please help?

Also, is there a USB to ethernet adapter available? Otherwise, I don't know ho to hardwire the MBA to the Time Capsule if needed.

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I just bought the new MBA and had a MacBook Pro. I completed 1 last backup from the MBP via Time Capsule. I used Migration Assistant on the MBA and followed the instructions. Unfortunately, I did it wirelessly so it took about 17 hours. Applications transferred such as Office 2011 for Mac, VMWare Fusion, Handbrake, etc. No photos or iTunes music transferred, unless I can't find them somewhere. Please help?

Also, is there a USB to ethernet adapter available? Otherwise, I don't know ho to hardwire the MBA to the Time Capsule if needed.

As you're seeing wireless is incredibly slow so it's not recommended. I would strongly recommend getting an external HD and use SuperDuper or Carbon Copy cloner and clone the MBP to the external. Then use Migration Assistant to restore from the EHD, that should be significantly quicker.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.