Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drjenkins

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2011
Alabama
Hey guys, new to the forum, and I've gotten a lot of answered questions so far. Decided I needed to go ahead and officially join.Hopefully you guys can help me out my this issue. I've searched the forum and didn't see anything on it.

I noticed a high pitch noise after I got a new computer desk over the holidays, and moved my setup to a different wall in my "man cave". I tracked it down to the power supply brick on my Mini. The sound's only present when the supply is plugged up, and makes a sputtering descending sound when it gets unplugged. Tried moving the plug into different outlets, and no change. It's not super loud, since I had to actually put my ear to the brick to figure out that its where the sound was coming from. But it's kinda worrying me nonetheless.

I have the brick from my 2005 mini that I can try on it tonight when I get home, and see what that does. Any sort of idea on what it might be?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.