Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UCLAKoolman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
I've been using the Zagg dry-install screen protector set on my iPhone 4 since July, and paired with a bumper it's been a real nice setup. However after recently playing with a un-protected screen I've realized that I've completely forgotten how amazing the screen feels.

I ordered some stuff from SW-box.com recently (their black/transparent apple bumper replica is awesome!), and decided to give their carbon fiber sticker set a try. Here are the results!

For anyone interested, I paid $2.30 for this set from swbox.com
http://www.sw-box.com/Carbon-Fiber-Skin-Sticker-Cover-Protector-For-Iphone-4-Black-.html

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    677.3 KB · Views: 328
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    822.5 KB · Views: 349
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    742.8 KB · Views: 310
  • photo5.jpg
    photo5.jpg
    801.7 KB · Views: 340

weisjt

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2010
Southern Pines, North Carolina
does it have a tekture feel to it or is it just a smooth carbon look? how much was the shipping also? do you feel like it is a sold decal or do you find yourself trying to be careful not to catch it when puting you pocket and such?

UCLAKoolman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
does it have a tekture feel to it or is it just a smooth carbon look? how much was the shipping also? do you feel like it is a sold decal or do you find yourself trying to be careful not to catch it when puting you pocket and such?

It has a texture feel to it, and so far has been very solidly affixed to the phone. I've been taking it in and out of my pocket for the last couple days with no issues.

I ordered this set along with two bumpers and I believe shipping was around $4, maybe less.

Also, I maybe lose 1 bar of signal when I give it a good grip at the base of the phone.

Last edited:

obyte

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2010
Boston
It has a texture feel to it, and so far has been very solidly affixed to the phone. I've been taking it in and out of my pocket for the last couple days with no issues.

I ordered this set along with two bumpers and I believe shipping was around $4, maybe less.

Also, I maybe lose 1 bar of signal when I give it a good grip at the base of the phone.

Doesn't their cheap shipping take forever?

UCLAKoolman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
I'm in Arizona now and their cheap no-tracking shipping took less than two weeks. I placed a larger order later and opted for premium fedex shipping which took less than a week.

hoing

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2010
Looking to get that until is saw sticker.
Is that an actual sticker or like plastic case?

weisjt

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2010
Southern Pines, North Carolina
Looking to get that until is saw sticker.
Is that an actual sticker or like plastic case?

i have the plastic back carbon cover you were trying to link off swbox in other thread check out my review of it on my site.

http://weisjttechhouse.blogspot.com/

doing free give away at the end of every month for everything i review,
just follow me on twitter to stay up to date with everything, thanks
twitter: weisjt

aviking

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2011
I've been using the Zagg dry-install screen protector set on my iPhone 4 since July, and paired with a bumper it's been a real nice setup. However after recently playing with a un-protected screen I've realized that I've completely forgotten how amazing the screen feels.

I ordered some stuff from SW-box.com recently (their black/transparent apple bumper replica is awesome!), and decided to give their carbon fiber sticker set a try. Here are the results!

For anyone interested, I paid $2.30 for this set from swbox.com
http://www.sw-box.com/Carbon-Fiber-Skin-Sticker-Cover-Protector-For-Iphone-4-Black-.html

What lock screen are you using? That is a great look with the carbon fiber skin. Also do you know if you can order the skin without the apple logo?

UCLAKoolman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
What lock screen are you using? That is a great look with the carbon fiber skin. Also do you know if you can order the skin without the apple logo?

The lockscreen is REDLOCKSCREEN: http://www.macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16805703

The skin came with the apple logo covered, so I suppose you could opt to not peel it off when applying. This skin is so awesome I've ordered 2 more as backups, as well as one of the faux-leather ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.