PDA

View Full Version : MB Pro seems huge after using the 11" Air

firewood
Jan 6, 2011, 04:15 PM
After using my new MacBook Air 11" for a week, I booted up my 13" MacBook Pro to run Software Update. The MB Pro now seems like a heavy thick monster in comparison to the Air.

Similar in the opposite way of how my iPod Touch shrank and seemed even tinier after using the iPad for awhile.

arc918
Jan 6, 2011, 04:29 PM
Agreed - my MBP feels way thick and heavy after using my MBA 11

I don't even miss my backlit keyboard anymore

farmermac
Jan 6, 2011, 04:47 PM
I use a 15" MBP for work all day and while it is stationary on my desk, i still pick it up at the end of the day and go "damn this thing is big". The 11" is just so compact and feels like a brick.

aleni
Jan 7, 2011, 05:10 AM
it's nothing. i enjoy my super light 11" mba, but i had to use 17" mbp and bring it from my home to office eeryday for work. this thing is like a tractor. so heavy and big! im spoiled by the mba.

jksu
Jan 7, 2011, 07:10 AM
After using my new MacBook Air 11" for a week, I booted up my 13" MacBook Pro to run Software Update. The MB Pro now seems like a heavy thick monster in comparison to the Air.

Similar in the opposite way of how my iPod Touch shrank and seemed even tinier after using the iPad for awhile.

agreed.

very relative. i was on a black macbook (13"). when getting ready to upgrade i initially thought it'd get a nice 15" with i5/etc. but it was huge! no way. then figure i'd get a 13" and then the mba's came out...

if the 11" didn't exist, i would've been spectacularly pleased with the 13" mba as a replacement. much lighter/faster/etc than the blackbook.

it took a couple days to adjust to the shorter screen, but i love the compact size. now when i go to an apple store and play with the 13", i do like the big screen, but closing and toting it feel heft again compared to the ipad-like size mba11.

jazziethomas
Jan 9, 2011, 06:19 AM
I use a 15" MBP for work all day and while it is stationary on my desk, i still pick it up at the end of the day and go "damn this thing is big". The 11" is just so compact and feels like a brick.

I think the brick is much heavier than the 11

BornAgainMac
Jan 9, 2011, 08:48 AM
I think the brick is much heavier than the 11

Not a LEGO brick. :D