Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firewood

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
After using my new MacBook Air 11" for a week, I booted up my 13" MacBook Pro to run Software Update. The MB Pro now seems like a heavy thick monster in comparison to the Air.

Similar in the opposite way of how my iPod Touch shrank and seemed even tinier after using the iPad for awhile.

arc918

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2010
The OC
Agreed - my MBP feels way thick and heavy after using my MBA 11

I don't even miss my backlit keyboard anymore

farmermac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2009
Iowa
I use a 15" MBP for work all day and while it is stationary on my desk, i still pick it up at the end of the day and go "damn this thing is big". The 11" is just so compact and feels like a brick.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
it's nothing. i enjoy my super light 11" mba, but i had to use 17" mbp and bring it from my home to office eeryday for work. this thing is like a tractor. so heavy and big! im spoiled by the mba.

jksu

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2009
After using my new MacBook Air 11" for a week, I booted up my 13" MacBook Pro to run Software Update. The MB Pro now seems like a heavy thick monster in comparison to the Air.

Similar in the opposite way of how my iPod Touch shrank and seemed even tinier after using the iPad for awhile.

agreed.

very relative. i was on a black macbook (13"). when getting ready to upgrade i initially thought it'd get a nice 15" with i5/etc. but it was huge! no way. then figure i'd get a 13" and then the mba's came out...

if the 11" didn't exist, i would've been spectacularly pleased with the 13" mba as a replacement. much lighter/faster/etc than the blackbook.

it took a couple days to adjust to the shorter screen, but i love the compact size. now when i go to an apple store and play with the 13", i do like the big screen, but closing and toting it feel heft again compared to the ipad-like size mba11.

jazziethomas

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2010
I use a 15" MBP for work all day and while it is stationary on my desk, i still pick it up at the end of the day and go "damn this thing is big". The 11" is just so compact and feels like a brick.

I think the brick is much heavier than the 11

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.