Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

capitanbuzo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
Not sure if this is the right forum or not but after I installed 10.6.6 on my MacBook Pro mid 2010 a lot of my applications are not functioning properly. Firefox crashes constantly (though redownloading it seemed to fix it) but my main issue is that iTunes does not work. First, it lost the XML file for my library. After reinstalling iTunes and recovering the XML file from a backup, it will now load but constantly crashes after about 20 seconds. My Mac Pro doesn't have any of these problems while running 10.6.6. Any ideas?

Edit: it says the Library was damaged so, again, I am trying to get an older file to fix it. Anyone else having issues like this after 10.6.6?

Edit #2: Now it will not let me go and recover files from Time Machine. Notnsure what thisnupdate has done to my computer.

Last edited:

jsoto

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2010
Chicago
I have the same model as you. I just updated & everything worked fine. I did have to do a restart so the Mac App Store would allow me to install apps. I also had to accept the new license from EULA from iTunes. After all that was done everything worked with no issues. I am on a mid 2010 MBP i7 just over a month old.

capitanbuzo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
Well I keep going back to try to restore my iTunes to a later time but it is still not working. I might try exporting my Mac Pro's library (it is similar but not identical) and see if that works.

Edit: Forgot to mention that my iStat pro widget disappeared as well.

CW Jones

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2009
CT
Sounds odd... I am having no issues with itunes and I have been running it literally for the past 8 or so hours.

capitanbuzo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
Well, can't seem to figure out how to get my iStat pro back working. I am now using my library file from my Mac Pro son that fixed iTunes but now I must sort out files I don't use. Rme Machine seems not to be working correctly. I think it is going to try to backup my entire machine and ignore the previous backups I have. Not exactly sure what is going on but I am not so pleased with my MacBook Pro right now.

capitanbuzo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
Too much seems to be messed up. Luckily I should have everything on my external or my Mac Pro. I guess I am going to go to my two week old backup to fix this thing. I'm still notnsure exactly what has happened though.

firewalker746

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2010
10.6.6 problems

I'm having a number of issues including,

1. Apple Remote Desktop not starting (Apple just quietly updated the update for 3.4)

2. TimeMachine will no longer load. It hangs itself and Finder. Restoring is currently impossible unless I do a complete restore booting from the install disks.

3. A couple non-apple apps that have worked for years no longer start or hang.

4. Some of my automation scripts have stopped functioning.

5. Over all there is a noticeable system wide sluggishness that did not exist before the upgrade.

6. Lastly when opening a number of programs Finder hangs and must be restarted.

WTF is the deal? SO SORRY I did this update.

NazgulRR

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2010
What I have noticed is that uTorrent silently closes on its own - no errors whatsoever. :S

Blu101

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2010
No issues here as far as I can tell, everything works...

Can you take it to an apple store for them to check it out?

koolrosh

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2009
MD
EDIT to my original post:

I've found that when the graphics is being switched from the intel to nvidia card on my mbp my wallpaper disappears and turns just into a solid blue color.

have gfx card status, so i can see the switch and often when it happens the desktop background disappears. Anyone else have this issue?

firewalker746

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2010
Re: 10.6.6 problems

It looks like the culprit is the 3rd party memory I put in some time back to bring my MBP up to 8GB. This was never an issue before 10.6.6.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.