Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr_Ed

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 10, 2004
North and east of Mickeyland
From CNN.com
Link

Byproducts from the massive operation resulted in a dung pile measuring 100 feet long, 30 feet high and 50 feet wide that began burning about two months ago and continues to smolder despite Herculean attempts to douse it.

Talk about being "full of ****"! :D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
They certainly have quite a mess on their hands. They should be doing what local farmers do and compost for future use as fertilizer. With a pile like that setting up a plant to produce methane gas would be the best option. Building a plant to produce electricity would turn a mess into some profit.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Monforts feeding lot in East Colorado puts out a strong smell for miles and miles when the wind is right. Made my eyes water once when I drove by their place.

I forget how many they feed, but it is quite a bit bigger than this place.

Sushi

mvc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2003
Outer-Roa
I thought this line described yesterday for me perfectly:

...a 2,000-ton pile of burning cow manure...

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I'm surprised that the town isn't complaining more. Still can't imagine why they didn't make arrangements before the pile got so large. At least the fire is probably helping to dissipate the smell some.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Two indians were walking in a forest when they came across a steaming pile of mysterious brown stuff. The first indian asked what it was and then asked if it was poop. The second indian, wondering, lowered himself down to feel the mound on the ground.

With his fingers, he prodded the mysterious substance, "Yep. It feels like poop." Not still entirely sure, he plunked his fingers down further into the mound, and raised his fingers to his nose. "Yep. It smells like poop."

To make sure, he licked the substance off his finger. "Yep. It tastes like poop."

At which time, both indians agreed it was poop. The second indian got back up, and both carefully stepped over it so it wouldn't dirty their moccasins.

The first indian looked back at the streaming pile of poop and sighed relief, "Good thing we didn't step in the poop."

j-traxx

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2005
California
"A huge mountain of cow manure is seen smoldering at a feedlot near Milford, Neb., last week."

LMFAO!! the use of the word "smoldering" said it all

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Reminder: rules

Jokes are fine, but don't circumvent the profanity filter (e.g. use asterisks, misspell, write in a foreign language to write words that the forum censors out).

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Lacero said:
Two indians were walking in a forest when they came across a steaming pile of mysterious brown stuff. The first indian asked what it was and then asked if it was poop. The second indian, wondering, lowered himself down to feel the mound on the ground.

With his fingers, he prodded the mysterious substance, "Yep. It feels like poop." Not still entirely sure, he plunked his fingers down further into the mound, and raised his fingers to his nose. "Yep. It smells like poop."

To make sure, he licked the substance off his finger. "Yep. It tastes like poop."

At which time, both indians agreed it was poop. The second indian got back up, and both carefully stepped over it so it wouldn't dirty their moccasins.

The first indian looked back at the streaming pile of poop and sighed relief, "Good thing we didn't step in the poop."

That is a great story, really great for a good laugh. If it walks, talks, and looks like a duck, it's a duck. They just went further than I would ever be willing to go. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.