PDA

View Full Version : Moving network home folders, homesync issues

mgmve
Jan 7, 2011, 02:22 PM
Here's a question or two.

I work in a small office environment that uses Homesync onto a large network directory. Recently we switched the location of these network folders to larger server space. We changed the home URL location in workgroup manager, and then I've found that deleting the .FileSync files both on the network home and local mobile account, helps the sync get reconnected.

However, sometimes errors pop up - which I think are related to the old Home URL - I'm assuming these are located in old preference files in the library, but where? the errors typically referenced the inability to connect to the server, even though user/passes are all still the same.

Also - in general we have a huge issue with sync errors, especially with Final Cut files (cache files), so we now often don't sync those directories because of it. The ACL's seem to be the biggest culprit and biggest pain in the butt, we tend to remove all ACL's both locally and on the network, but they often repropagate themselves here and there. Is there a way to completely disable ACL's on the server and the mobile accounts?