PDA

View Full Version : Stuffit Expander gone from PowerBook 1400C, can't install anything now:

In-Correct
Jan 7, 2011, 07:13 PM
I have started up a :apple: PowerBook 1400C that does not have any USB ports. Stuffit Expander is gone....or I am not able to locate it. I have downloaded an install file for Stuffit Expander, which I can't extract of course. Can Mac OS 9 extract anything by itself, and is there any Mac OS 9 application to download that is able to extract the Stuffit Expander file???? :eek: :confused: Is there any simple way to put Stuffit Expander back on it???? Am I going to have to get a PCMCIA PC Card USB port adapter (if anything like that exists) , or perhaps temporarily take the hard drive out and put it in an enclosure to another :apple: and then put Stuffit Expander on it?????

TEG
Jan 7, 2011, 07:29 PM
If you can find a .sea file, it is a "Self-Extracting Archive" (akin to the .exe zip files in Windows), or you can locate StuffIt on your system discs.

TEG

In-Correct
Jan 7, 2011, 07:52 PM
If you can find a .sea file, it is a "Self-Extracting Archive" (akin to the .exe zip files in Windows), or you can locate StuffIt on your system discs.

TEG

Thank you for responding. That is very helpful. Also I have been wondering what .sea meant so now I know also. :)

I found my Install CD which had Stuffit Expander on it. :p I did not know that it was included on it and I am glad that it is. Hurray!! :D I now have Stuffit on the :apple: PowerBook 1400C!! :cool: