PDA

View Full Version : I have AppleTV, should I buy AppleTV

TallManNY
Jan 8, 2011, 12:06 AM
So I've had an AppleTV for a number of years. Now there is the new smaller AppleTV 2. I didn't use the AppTV that much before, but it was useful from time to time. Now I seem to be using it more and more with my girlfriend. We have similar tastes in TV shows. Currently we are watching the Walking Dead. I don't really find it useful to buy TV shows, but that is the option on the original AppleTV. I would prefer to save a dollar and instead rent a show. I'm never going to go back and watch any of these TV Shows like Mad Men (another show that we watch) or The Walking Dead. The thing that I find most annoying is that after downloading a TV show to watch at night. Once we are done and I walk upstairs to check my email, iTunes starts running once my Mac is woken up and another 700 MB TV show gets downloaded (again) onto my computer. Eventually I'm going to run out of hard drive space. But mainly I find the lack of bandwidth during these times annoying. Also, I can't entirely bring myself to deleting these shows, since I paid the "buy" price instead of the rental price.

So is there some way to rent TV shows on the old AppleTV? Or should I spend $100 to buy the technically inferior and more limited AppleTV 2?