PDA

View Full Version : Private Message Spam?

Mechcozmo
Jan 28, 2005, 09:41 PM
So, did anyone else get a message:
Titled "Herro"
With the text "feed me, I'm a troll and a jerk and a mutch. Common, guhys."?

Or did my avatar make me a target? They are banned apparently... but still is interesting. New way for those you-know-whats to spam us?

So, who else got one of these?

jsw
Jan 28, 2005, 09:44 PM
I didn't, surprisingly. I think he (aka Bob Barker) was too busy trolling to send out many of them. Interesting way to attack people. Fortunately, I'm too lazy to delete many PMs, so I hover near the max (i.e., I couldn't get too spammed). But, yeah, I think your avatar was a big incentive.

maya
Jan 28, 2005, 09:48 PM
I didn't receive any Spam PM. And lets keep it that way. :)

sjpetry
Jan 28, 2005, 10:17 PM
I hope spammers don't start doing this. It would be so annoying.

mkrishnan
Jan 28, 2005, 10:38 PM
This is the same person with that weird thread about I Love Koree, and then people were calling her/him a neopet or something like that, right? *gives up*

Mechcozmo
Jan 28, 2005, 10:57 PM
This is the same person with that weird thread about I Love Koree, and then people were calling her/him a neopet or something like that, right? *gives up*

That thread was deleted, so I don't really know....

mkrishnan
Jan 28, 2005, 11:06 PM
That thread was deleted, so I don't really know....

No, *pets photographic memory* I remember reading that thread a couple hours ago. The OP was "I Hate Koree," and the thread was something like "I <3 Koree, oh wait a minute, I hate Koree."

Hopefully the spambot will soon post a thread called "I ate Koree."

:D

Sun Baked
Jan 28, 2005, 11:09 PM
Ask the mods, there was no point in even taking the time to wasteland that drivel, it was a thread where he talked to himself.

Sort of have to wonder about the sanity of some of these newbies...

Mechcozmo
Jan 28, 2005, 11:56 PM
Ask the mods, there was no point in even taking the time to wasteland that drivel, it was a thread where he talked to himself.

Sort of have to wonder about the sanity of some of these newbies...

Ah ok... but still, anyone get some of these PMs? And any clue how to mass send PMs using MR's forum software?

Just making sure that I wasn't targeted directly or something.

And I question my own sanity quite often, like when questioning the sanity of others who question my sanity. :D

Doctor Q
Jan 29, 2005, 01:55 AM
Please let a moderator know anytime you get unwanted PMs. It's rare but it has happened before.

wdlove
Jan 29, 2005, 08:01 PM
I didn't receive any unwanted PM's either. Was disturbed by the I hate Kaylee post, not the way to treat a fellow member.

OutThere
Jan 29, 2005, 10:29 PM
I didn't, surprisingly. I think he (aka Bob Barker) was too busy trolling to send out many of them. Interesting way to attack people. Fortunately, I'm too lazy to delete many PMs, so I hover near the max (i.e., I couldn't get too spammed). But, yeah, I think your avatar was a big incentive.

:eek: That's a lot of PMs - I've only ever gotten 8, and I've been here quite a bit longer than you have! :D

Mechcozmo
Jan 30, 2005, 12:47 AM
Please let a moderator know anytime you get unwanted PMs. It's rare but it has happened before.

They were banned when I received the PM. Not much more you could do to them unless you knew where they lived....:rolleyes:

And even funnier/odder--
I started this thread, and then checked my email a few hours later, saying I got a PM from them (which I already knew). So I thought for a second that I had received a second PM from them, although they were banned. Took a few seconds before I realized what happened...