PDA

View Full Version : Home Sharing Keeps Disconnecting on Apple TV

SteinMaster
Jan 8, 2011, 06:07 PM
I set-up my ATV2 for Home Sharing on my MacBookPro. I can connect OK and view my music, photos, and video from my MBP. After my ATV2 and/or my MBP goes to sleep or I shut them down, Home Sharing does not work. I have to turn off then turning on Home Sharing from my MBP to reconnect the ATV2 Home Sharing. Is this normal? Should I have to keep doing this, which is a pain in the a**. I thought once I set-up Home Sharing, the ATV would remember the settings and automatically reconnect.

Thanks

torndownunit
Mar 1, 2011, 09:33 PM
I set-up my ATV2 for Home Sharing on my MacBookPro. I can connect OK and view my music, photos, and video from my MBP. After my ATV2 and/or my MBP goes to sleep or I shut them down, Home Sharing does not work. I have to turn off then turning on Home Sharing from my MBP to reconnect the ATV2 Home Sharing. Is this normal? Should I have to keep doing this, which is a pain in the a**. I thought once I set-up Home Sharing, the ATV would remember the settings and automatically reconnect.

Thanks

Good luck. I am trying to find a solution to the same problem. In my case it initially started like you describe, but now the ATV2 won't show my library at all.